Thursday, February 5, 2009

Update!

(First there is gonna be some exciting updates about my knee and then there is an angry rant you can ignore, but I had to get it off my chest somehow. XOXOXO)

So I went to see Dr. Badger for a second opinion on my knee because my doctor I was seeing made me very mad and Dr. Badger is our family orthopedist (how sad that we have one). He was worried about the break in my knee, the patella was smashed down on one side and he was worried about it so I went and got a CT scan to get a better look at the bone to see if it was gonna need reconstruction to fix it, a big procedure that would lead to 3 months of intense recovery! Thankfully prayers were answered and the break is in the perfect place, where it will not need the reconstruction to be done, not only this but the CT scan showed that the bones are now healed enough to do the surgery on my ACL! I am having the surgery next Wednesday and he says that I can even put some weight on my leg now before the surgery then only a few more weeks of recovery before I should be actually walking again!! I was so happy I started crying right there in the doctor's office.

I have been so worried all week waiting to hear what was gonna happen with my knee, not even wanting to talk about it but now I am so excited to finally be getting a glimpse of the light at the end of this never ending tunnel! Hopefully my work will someday forgive me for all that I have put them through, topping it off with "oh, btw, I know I was supposed to work next Wednesday but instead I'm gonna have surgery and be gone for about 3 weeks, ok?!" I have a couple more shifts before the surgery so I hope I can help make things right and actually get to say goodbye to people (coworkers and patients) before disappearing this time, unlike last time... Good times!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Now for the rant, avert your eyes, hide the children - the actually meanest Alldredge sister has something to say!)

There are things going on in my world that I am very angry and frustrated about but I cannot fix (thus making me even more frustrated). These are not injuries to me but to someone that I care dearly about. I cannot go into detail now but rest assured that there will come a time when those doing her wrong will realize that they made a mistake and they will get nothing but laughter and condemnation from me. You can hurt me repeatedly, I have proved over and over in my life that I will forgive you, but woe to anyone that purposefully hurts one of my loved ones! I have no physical capacity or ability to strike someone but that will not stop my angry words when all is said and done.

Stop it, fix it, or we're gonna have a little talk!!

1 comment:

Windy Dawn said...

Wahoo! This is great news Erin!! I'll keep you in my prayers for next Wednesdays surgery!! :)