Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Here we go!

Ok, lets see how long I can last here tonight...

So, I've been feeling pretty well the last few days, since starting physical therapy I have been feeling better, not just my leg but my state of mind as well. It's nice to hear that I really am improving and that the pain that I feel isn't because I'm crazy or never going to heal, it's been nice.

I had an appointment with my physical therapist this morning and it went really well, especially since she let me warm up on a no impact exercise bike, it felt so good, I do actually miss biking a lot. It went well and I grabbed some food on the way home - kinda funny because I realized I couldn't carry it into the house so I sat in my truck and ate my lunch while listening to my "All Shook Up" soundtrack while the puppy stared out the window at me like I was crazy.

Once I finally went inside I was making my way into my awesome makeshift bedroom (a nice blow-up mattress in the kitchen/dining room since I can't climb the ladder into my loft bed), I was pushing a package over to my bed so I could open it. This was comprised of pushing it ahead with my crutch, taking a step or two and then repeating until I reach my desired destination. While doing this I wasn't paying attention and my "pushing crutch" hit the top of the package and slipped out from under me. I stumbled, slamming my right leg down a couple of times before I toppled onto the ottoman; right leg hitting first, of course. I gathered my wits about me and got myself to my bed, where I decided to take a little (or a large) rest.

I have no idea if I have actually further injured my leg, though I highly doubt it, I think that I just aggravated my current injuries that had stopped hurting so much and now they are hurting again, nothing too bad but it's hurting pretty bad which is why I have actually taken a Vicodin tonight, in case you were wondering why this was even more random and packed with insignificant details than normal.

I'm doing ok, I just am pretty proud of my continued lack of coordination and feel really bad about worrying my family so much. But no one needs to worry about me, my pet Betta (named Alpha, btw) is watching me quite closely, keeping an eye on me to make sure I'm ok, my little Alphy will take care of me! :)

-Doped up Dr. Erin signing off!

No comments: