Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My True American Idols

I've got to spend the last few days up at my parents' house, it is always such a treat. They are the cutest couple as well as the greatest people! I love spending time with them, whether it is playing a board or card game, watching a trivia game show (seriously we're gonna go to New York and take taxis all over until we get on the Cash Cab, we would so clean up with our awesome variety or knowledge bases!), or watching the American Idol tryouts because Mom's boy Jason Castro is gonna be on it with his brother who's trying out (he made it to Hollywood Week btw!), my parents are so much fun.


I often think about what I want in life and it is especially clear to me when I spend time with them. To be able to find someone that you can communicate with so well with, and will love every thing about you, the things that haven't changed since the day that you first met and the new interests that you have developed suddenly very recently. Someone that is your equal and your perfect opposite, your support and love through the good times and the bad. Things don't have to be perfect but they will always be ok when all is said and done.


I am sure that things haven't always been perfect for my parents, they have been together a long time and through a lot of difficult times, the biggest ones probably having to do with raising 5 kids who have all taken our turn at making our parents' life more difficult than it needs to be. I know that I have not been the best person that I can be, working weekends at my pharmacy makes it so that I miss church a lot, more than just my days off, sometimes it becomes seems easier to stay home because I'm not feeling well - usually from not getting enough sleep and the fact my patients love to share whatever bug they are carrying around with me too! It's easy to fall into the habit of treating Sunday like just another day to try to get things done, you then find yourself not praying enough or reading your scriptures.


Each time I decide I'm gonna do better, it lasts a little while and then I get lazy again, that seems to be my biggest problem. But I thankfully always have these two amazing people in my life that remind me just how worth it everything is, If I ever have a chance for a portion of the amazing life that they have it's worth it. I love my parents so much they are my heroes, my idols and my best friends. I don't know what I did to get so lucky to be their daughter but I am eternally grateful for them.


-Mike and Cindy's incredibly lucky daughter

No comments: